Recently the use of colored pigtails that have up to 24 fibers (IEC standard 60794-2) has been introduced to easily identify the fibers when splicing the termination of fibers in optical boxes (see table).
- Easy-strip buffer
- The internal optical fiber is the same color as the external buffer
- In the 24 pigtail kit, the second 12 fibers are the same color as the first 12 but can be distinguished by a contrasting band that is repeated on the buffer every 2-5 cms
- The product is available with any type of connector
- The pigtail is available with any type of single-mode fiber (G.652D, G657A2) and multi-mode (OM2, OM3, OM4)
- 100% of the connectors are tested in our lab through Insertion Loss and Return Loss @ 1310-1550 nm measurements
- Our lab is equipped to undertake optical, mechanical and environmental testing in order to be compliant with international standards (IEC) and to technical specifications required by national operators.