Fibernet was granted financial support from the European Union for the research and development of innovative products.
Thanks to the team of internal engineers at Fibernet, the company has designed, engineered and produced an innovative prototype capable of measuring the density of fog in open spaces with a radius of 20 meters.
- Application of the optical principle of backscattering ( upon which the functioning of O.T.D.R. is based) in air instead of within the fiber
- Usage of a laser with minimum power (20 mW) instead of a standard laser power
- Reduction of electrical consumption
- Reduction of risks deriving from the laser for the human eye
- Measurement of the density of the fog according to the quantity of backscattered power
- Self-sufficient system with solar power
- Transmission of data incorporated into the system through GPRS with possibility to receive data on portable devices