Fibernet was the company that proposed the use of the minibreakout cable (in collaboration with the company Tratos Cavi Spa) to the main Italian telephone operators, in order to allow the connection between the devices and the optical permutators.
This product allows a reduction of dimensions up to 50% compared to the standard breakout cable, facilitating the laying and management of the cables in the same control units.
In developing this application for telephone exchanges, Fibernet has designed and developed:
- System – permutator connection plant that does not require joints in the field.
- Cable cut of millimeter precision in order to avoid extra lengths on the equipment side.
- Connectors with soft boot and in some cases angled at 50°, in order to avoid breakages near the connector critical for the entire functionality of the solution with minibreakout.
- Metal racks for fixing cables designed specifically for the various devices.
- Metal deflectors to facilitate the cooling of the cables following the need to dispose of the heat of the equipment.
For more technical info on minibreakout cable, see the section “Optical cable assembly” – “Minibreakout”